Some common facilitators in the crime of DMST [domestic minor sex trafficking] include taxi drivers, hotel workers, and owners of adult sexual entertainment venues. * Interviews conducted by the De Paul University College of Law with 25 ex-pimps in Chicago found that 60% of them said they had bribed police officers or public officials in order to conduct business, which sometimes included prostituting children. The website Backpage.com, which is owned by the founders of Village Voice Media,  accounted for about 80% of this revenue. * In July 2011, the mayor of Seattle reported that since the outset of 2010, 22 children "advertised on were recovered by the Seattle Police Department.
– NBC News, 2011 Federal and local investigators swept through the Twin Cities area Monday and arrested more than 20 suspects in an extensive human trafficking investigation involving Somali gangs, sources confirmed. An indictment against 29 suspects was unsealed Monday morning, alleging that members of Somali gangs based in the Twin Cities victimized at least four women -- three of whom were younger than 15 at the time -- by turning them into prostitutes.
– Minneapolis Star Tribune, 2010 Brooklyn prosecutors have busted Bloods gang members on charges of running several sex trafficking rings that recruited girls from junior high schools, the Daily News has learned.
That night, he took her to an apartment complex and rented her out to 14 men.
– CNNMoney, 2012 In November, federal prosecutors struck again in South Dakota, this time bringing sex-trafficking charges against a couple in Tea, a city of 4,600 also just off Interstate 90.
The victims were compelled to perform sex acts 12 hours a day and were subjected to beatings, rape and forced abortions, they said.
– MSNBC and Telemundo, 2008 A couple held a runaway teen captive in a hollow bed frame for weeks and forced her to have sex for money with people they found on the Internet, police said.
– Atlanta Journal-Constitution, February 14, 2013 [T]hree 17-year-old girls were recruited by acquaintances to have sex for money with men in the area. These were the first important building blocks of a federal child-sex-trafficking case that would culminate this week with the arrest of Dontavious Mingel Blake and Tara Jo Moore, according to a complaint unsealed Friday in the West Palm Beach federal courthouse. According to the complaint, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children forwarded a tip to FBI agents in July 2012.
The tip reported that an ad on the online classified site featured a girl under the age of 18 and listed a Miami phone number.
S.: One 17-year-old solicited on Facebook allowed [Justin] Strom to pick her up in his car at her home, but when he spelled out what he expected, she told Strom she wanted out.
In response, he "slammed her head against the window of the vehicle," forced her to ingest cocaine, and slashed her arm with a knife, according to court documents.
Prostitutes as young as 15 were routinely beaten and deprived of food if they didn't earn 0 a day selling their bodies, the Brooklyn district attorney's office found. Consuelo Carreto Valencia, a 4-foot-10, 61-year-old grandmother, pleaded guilty in July to smuggling dozens of women from Mexico and violently coercing them to perform sex acts.